As a risk-management driven agency, Insurance People’s goal is to not only offer you appropriate coverages that protect your organization but non-insurance solutions to decrease costs long-term. Because of this, we are always looking for new ways to assist our clients regarding safety. Since 1996, the National Safety Council (NSA) designated June as National Safety Month. Their goal was, “to increase awareness of the leading safety and health risks facing employees and decrease the risk for workplace injuries and deaths in the U.S.”.
This year, National Safety Month will focus on the four different weekly topics listed below:
- Week 1: Preventing incidents before they start.
- Week 2: Addressing ongoing COVID-19 safety concerns.
- Week 3: The importance of feeling safe on the job.
- Week 4: Advancing and improving your safety journey.
Our friends at AmTrust Financial wrote an incredibly relevant blog regarding this topic. The blog touches on the following:
- A Focus on Saving Lives and Preventing Injuries
- Practice Effective Tool Safety
- Hand Tools
- Portable Power Tools
- Tips for Preventing Workplace Slip and Fall Injuries
- Safe Driving Tips
- Electrical Tools and Power Line Safety Tips
- Electric Tools and Equipment
- Extension Cords
- Office Safety Tips
- Machines – Copier, Shredder, Fax, Printer
- Slip and Fall Risks
- AmTrust’s Loss Control Team Helps Create Safe Workplaces
For more information on National Safety Month, please check out AmTrust’s blog!