Believe it or not, it has been almost one year since the Covid-19 pandemic began. Americans have used this time to grow both mentally and professionally. Specifically, they have used this as an opportunity to create attainable goals for their future. The Beyond Insurance Global Network (BIGN) recently posted a blog regarding, “5 Essential Steps to Creating and Attaining Your Goals”. This blog touches on the common goal setting acronym, S.M.A.R.T, while also providing five additional steps that can lead to effective goal setting. Below, you will find the five steps:
- Step 1 – List your goals A to Z: the art of goal-setting begins with writing your personal and professional goals from A to Z. This exercise will give you energy and motivation.
- Step 2 – Prioritizing your goals: begin listing your goals on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most significant to you right now, and 1 meaning it is not a priority right now.
- Step 3 – Setting your execution and achievement timeframe: by prioritizing, you have set the stage for an execution strategy through which you are able to define the following plans (Lifetime Plan, Five-Year Plan, One-Year Plan, 90-Day Plan, Weekly Plan)
- Step 4 – Visualization: mental imagery is essential to goal-setting!
- Step 5 – Goal Actualization: When you achieve a goal, take time to enjoy the satisfaction of what you have accomplished! However, sometimes you will not accomplish a specific goal. It is imperative to not lose confidence if a goal isn’t met.
Goal setting is a valuable way to not only hold yourself accountable, but also reward yourself for achieving success in your field! For more information, please check out Beyond Insurance’s Blog.